Day 18 Sunday 6 May 2012 suggests tools for editing HTML web pages with a sample sales letter template.
John uses Microsoft’s Expression Web for editing HTML – available for 60 day trial then $149 for the professional version or $599 for the Ultimate edition.
After providing a quick review of using Expression Web, John went though an example of editing a Sales Page HTML
I sometimes use SeaMonkey’s HTML editor – this is an updated version of Mozilla’s editor before they went separate ways to create Firefox.
Clever as all these HTML editors are they sometimes go wrong in weird ways – moving code you might have carefully edited.
So I have found it essential to also use text editor Notepad++ that recognises formatting of lots of different types of documents – including HTML and php.
It formats your text in meaningful colours – and even has a feature that allows you to upload to a server via FTP, making online code testing a breeze.
By the way Notepad++, is a free software program.
Summary of time spent for the day:
- 3 minutes creating MP3 audio files
- 17 minutes listening to audio files while out walking
- 5 minutes making notes of days activities (to help me rinse and repeat later)
- 25 minutes watching videos and doing the days work including blog posts
- 0 minutes sorting out technology problems
Summary of time spent on One Month Mentor to date:
- 116 minutes creating MP3 audio files
- 250 minutes listening to audio files while out walking
- 297 minutes making notes of days activities (to help me rinse and repeat later)
- 1119 minutes watching video and doing the days work
- 195 minutes sorting out technology problems
No progress yet on being 21 hours behind and needing to spend about $178 to get up to date for one product.