Day 2 Friday 20 April 2012 tasks involve registering with clickbank and setting up a blog.
Although I’m pretty familiar with wordpress, I wanted to follow John’s instructions and needed to spend a bit longer watching the videos – in particular those for deleting and setting up new links.
I already had a clickbank account, Akismet API, and a number of affiliate product links – so this saved me some time, probably 30 to 45 minutes.
One change I did make setting up my blog was the custom permalinks.
Instead of %postname% I used %postname%-%post_id%.html.
This allows me to have multiple posts with the same title and adding ‘.html’ makes the url look like a normal web page.
Summary of time spent for the day:
- 10 minutes creating MP3 audio files
- 32 minutes listening to audio files while out walking
- 20 minutes making notes of days activities (to help me rinse and repeat later)
- 45 minutes watching video and doing the days work
Summary of time spent on One Month Mentor to date:
- 20 minutes creating MP3 audio files
- 57 minutes listening to audio files while out walking
- 30 minutes making notes of days activities (to help me rinse and repeat later)
- 70 minutes watching video and doing the days work
A couple of years ago I bought some software that allows me to create custom wordpress themes from easy to use selection menu’s – great fexibilty but a few limitations.
So a couple of weeks ago I bought 3 great new premium wordpress themes with developers rights for just $10 as a WSO – so plan to learn how to use these when I have time.
I also installed the wp-recaptcha plugin to help further reduce spam comments.
Finally I imported some standard pages I keep for all my blogs:
Maybe John will later recommend something different – but for now I wanted to include these on my site that already contains affiliate links, and I want to stay on the right side of the law and keep Google happy.