Day 6 Tuesday 24 April 2012 provides training for using and customizing wordpress widgets and adding youtube videos to blogs.
The only real task for today was to remove the ‘single post top square adsense ad unit’ – involves deleting code and takes seconds to do.
As usual, I listened to the to the MP3 recordings and watched the videos.
If you are new to WordPress this is great training but covered things regular users probably already know how to do.
What’s impressive is watching John add a few lines of code to embed one of his youtube videos – with great graphics that matched his theme! That’s where lots more time and effort needs to be spent – but not for now.
I also spent another 45 minutes today getting my FTP problems sorted
Summary of time spent for the day:
- 10 minutes creating MP3 audio files
- 21 minutes listening to audio files while out walking
- 5 minutes making notes of days activities (to help me rinse and repeat later)
- 38 minutes watching videos and doing the days work including blog posts
- 45 minutes sorting out technology problems
Summary of time spent on One Month Mentor to date:
- 60 minutes creating MP3 audio files
- 125 minutes listening to audio files while out walking
- 50 minutes making notes of days activities (to help me rinse and repeat later)
- 353 minutes watching video and doing the days work
- 195 minutes sorting out technology problems
Total time ‘working’ on the course is about 13 or just over 2 hours a day.
About 75% of this time was spent training and 25% sorting technical problems.